Rick Cox

Default First wood lathe

I am new to wood turning and have been shopping for a lathe. I have googled
for information on first lathes and specifically the craftsman 15" lathe
package #21750 and there does not seem to be alot of conversations about it.
This lathe looks to be fairly well built and comes with some accessories
that I will need to get started. I have looked at the Delta 14" and the jet
12" and think they are nice machines but wonder if they are worth the extra
money.

With the lessons I have learned on table saws....I agree with the Buy as
much as you can afford motto...I just cant see where spending more on the
delta would be worth the money.

I have other craftsman tools and I know that they are made by many
manufacturers and the quality varies (sometimes on the same tool), and I can
also see that in the Delta tools that I own.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Rick