Jet

Default Bodge central or is it just my house? ;-)

Hi Mark,

snip

Trying to sort the bathroom so I can install my sparkly new white
suite instead of the chocolate coloured one that was pretending to be
a bathroom previously.

Lol, sounds as tasty as the advacadot suite in my place... it matched the
wall tiles too

The list of things I've found is ridiculous for just one room that's
big enough for a bath, sink and toilet.

Artex on ceiling, scraped off by hand, painstaking but I can't be
arsed redoing it with new plasterboard, getting it skimmed as the
walls need doing anyway.

Found old pipes (gas water heater ?) still in the walls.

How old is the house? If it's Victorian (ish) and the gas pipes in the wall
are about the diameter of your little finger, chances are they are for gas
lighting

snip

Well, to cheer you up, my Victorian pile was derelict for 2 yrs before I
moved in and the back of the place was damp from top to bottom. It had also
been previously inhabited by a master bodger
To compare bathrooms:
ripped out old suite
pulled down bust ceiling
new floorboards + 2 joists
hacked back and replastered the walls
new lintel
reset inside brick skin around / above window
new window box
new window
tiled walls
banged up battens to lower ceiling 16 inches
new ceiling
rewired with sealed mains spots
ripped out old lead replaced with copper
replumbed new bath sink and bog
new towel rad
tiled floor

I won't bore you with all the other stuff, I'll reduce myself to tears
Maybe I'll get round to putting it on a website or something.

On the plus side inbetween the ceiling work I stopped scraping and
happened to overhear two neighbours outside in ones garden saying my
fence I've finally finished looked good. :-)

Nice )

--
Jet
check spamtrap in reply-to