DanG

There are several "drills" made for your problem. I have also had
good luck using a small screwdriver and hammer to chip out the
existing pieces, though you must be mentally prepared for this
method to not work. Here are some of the drills:

http://www.plumbingstore.com/pvcsaver.html

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

wrote in message
Last night we had our first deep freeze for the season. I
forgot to
disconnect the PVC pipe in my barn that goes across the ceiling
and
thru a wall into another part if the barn. This pipe is
designed to
work in the winter by having a large amount of slope, as long as
disconnect all hoses to allow it to drain after using it.

However, in the summer I leave it connected. I did not
disconnect it
soon enough and although the water was turned off, there was
still
water in the pipe, and last night it froze and split the top
most
elbow right in half. The half I found on the barn floor was
actually
peeled right off the glue joint, leaving half of both pipes
clean and
ready to glue again. But the other half is still glued to the
pipes.

I would like to see if there is a way to neatly pull the other
half of
this elbow cleanly off the glue so I can install a new elbow
without
moving pipes or adding couplers and pieces of pipe. In other
words,
there is really no spare pipe to cut off at the glue ends,
unless I
tore the whole thing down to adjust the position of the pipes so
they
are aligned. I'd much rather spend a little time trying to
cleanly
take off the other half of that elbow than to tear this whole
thing
apart. Adding couplers and short pieces of pipe are an option,
but I
like to avoid adding all sorts of extra parts, not to mention I
will
have to buy a whole 10ft. piece of pipe for 8 inches.

Is there a way to "pick off" the elbow at the glue? Is there
any sort
of solvent that will help dissolve the glue?

BTW This is ONE INCH PVC.

Thanks

Timothy