Banty

In article , Jeffrey J. Kosowsky says...

Banty writes:
Yeah.

It's the kind of thing folks get away with only because few people will press
for it. A lot of us were raised not to 'take advantage' - once too many people
jump on a discount that wasn't meant for them, the discount will no longer be
offered. Like how ice cream shops in areas with a lot of homeless won't give
taste samples anymore. A store will give Jeffrey J. his discount only because,
thanks to most folks' decency, they won't have a store full of Jeffrey J's to
deal with.

I don't expect Jeffret J. to get what I'm talking about, or he'll answer with
some spin about how it's a free country.

Banty

Sour grapes from another lifelong loser who has no self-esteem beyond
his "precious" contractor discount.

You're particularly prone to presumption, not surpisingly.

You have my occupation wrong. But never mind that, you have my gender wrong,
too.

Somehow this Banty loser doesn't understand the first thing about
economics or markets -- to him the world is one big "zero sum game"
where my getting a discount somehow takes away from him.

Yeah yeah yeah, like I said.

The good news is that the supply houses I now frequent are getting to
know me and give me that "contractor discount" with a smile. They are
happy for my business - most of the time I don't even have to ask.

Then you've established yourself as a worthwhile volume customer - on the order
of a contractor. So, finally the answer to your subject question - looks like
you're fine as long as you don't open your mouth too much.

Cheers,
Banty