Mike Marlow

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. com...

The laser light that comes on when the saw is started is a silly idea.

I'll
be damned if I'm going to start sliding the work around with a blade
spinning near my hand. I real life use, I bring the blade down to the

line
and adjust as needed. Then I firmly hold the work with my left hand, well
away from the blade, then make the cut.

I'm glad you said this Edwin. I've long thought that the laser guides feel
squarely into the category of gimmick or gadget on a saw, but don't say that
out loud all that often. What kills me most is Sears' most current
commercial showing a guy running a cut with a circular saw with a laser on
it and advertising how this will keep your cuts true. Now, someone...
anyone... please explain to me how that cute little red line is going to do
anything more for your cut than my ugly black line that I've used all these
years? Oh well - that's advertising I guess.
--

-Mike-