Mike Marlow

"Hylourgos" wrote in message
om...
I've recently acquired a TS with lots of cast iron that had been
neglected. The tops cleaned up nicely, but the slots have been
difficult. Any tips for getting the rust out of the nooks and
crannies?

Thanks,

Spray the slots with WD40 or penetrating oil and use a wire wheel on a drill
motor to clean out the slots. 3M also makes a wheel that goes on a drill
motor that works very well for this type of thing. They cost about $7 and
are available at most automotive stores like Advance Auto or NAPA. I think
I'd use a wire wheel though since it will probably get into the corners a
little better. The 3M wheel will wear down and contour so that it will
eventually get in there, but the wire wheel will probably do so quicker.
--

-Mike-