Janne G

Default Philips tv with no picture or disapearing picture or slow picturestartup but good sound??

Hi all

I have a Philips 28ml8805 (FL1.6 or near) with a strange and hard to
find problem. The unit is a slow starter which mean that it takes up to
20min to get picture while the sound is comming on after 5s. Sometimes
the picture comes after 15s but goes away again after som sec and then
it takes several minutes to reappear. The picture is real good (when on)
and no mechanical respons from all circuitbords.

No problems with the 200v, 141v, 5v, 8v, 13v, 16.5v, the only voltage
thats diff a little is 17.5v is 19.5v. I have changed the tda4680 in an
atempt to se if it was the cause of the fault but no diff.
I think i have checked all resistors around this circuit and found no
fault in them, i have resoldered all components in the HOT area and some
outside it also, no reaction on the fault.

I have seen some that have this problems also on the net but no answer
to what it is. I suspect the CRT but thats no option to change, the odd
thing is that the picture is WERY good on this unit when working so this
would oppose the theori that it is the CRT that are the fault.

Is there some that have a clue to whats wrong with this unit?

Janne G