GregP

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 02:24:42 -0500, "Upscale"
wrote:

"GregP" wrote in message
The PC router - 890 series - I just bought cost a bit under $200.
It's replacing a 28 yr old Craftsman that cost $50+ with single
speed, smaller motor, rougher adjustment, and a tendency to
go out of adjustment. That $50 has to be in the neighborhood
of $150 today.

Probably quite a bit more. Isn't invested money generally supposed to double
every ten years or better? 28 years ago almost means that it would have
quadrupled. $50 x 2 x 2 x 2 = $400.00.

From the point of view of investment, yes, but I what I
was referring to was the value of the dollar: I'm guessing
that $50 28 yrs ago would be roughly equivalent to $150
now. And if our deficits keep going the way they are,
it will be $1,000 in 3-4 years....