Steve@carolinabreezehvac

"Tekkie" wrote in message
Red Neckerson posted for all of us....

"Astro" wrote in message
newspshte04v1v1dc2q@athlon2600...
Anybody had any experience with the Nyle "cold climate heat pump"?

This is
a standard, air-source heat pump that claims effective heating down to

0F.

http://www.nyletherm.com/spaceheating.htm

Maybe it's just me, but methinks it's a crock.

I don't care if you have a system with 6 compressors. You still only

extract
'X' amount of heat from 0 degree air. Plus I don't see how they can

claim
that it is "270% effiecient at 17 degrees".......

How does one get more than 100% efficiency out of anything?

Heat pumps, ANY heat pumps made in the last few years, can be more than 100%
....how much heat can you get for the same buck?
Higher the outdoor temps, the higher the percentage.
How well the outdoor coil can gather heat, and how well the indoor coil can
release it...the higher the percentage.

\

BZZZZZZZ next perpetual motion claim.
--