max

If the table saw is worth anything at all the miter bar will not fit in the
slot with sand paper wrapped around it. I spray the slots with penetrating
oil and scrub with a brush. I then let the oil dry and use a brass brush to
wipe off the surface rust.
max

Hylourgos wrote:
I've recently acquired a TS with lots of cast iron that had been
neglected. The tops cleaned up nicely, but the slots have been
difficult. Any tips for getting the rust out of the nooks and
crannies?

Why don't you wrap the runner of your miter gauge with some 150 grit
sandpaper,
then advance on up to about 400 grit? I've also had good luck removing
superficial rust with Bartender's Friend.