Edwin Pawlowski

"Phisherman" wrote in message
A laser is not at all important to me. I like my DeWalt's high back
fence and 12" blade. It's perfect for cutting crown moldings. I
would have eventually regretted a 10" miter.

I agree. I looked at the 10" as it would do the job at hand, but eventually,
the 12" would be better and that has bee proven.

The laser light that comes on when the saw is started is a silly idea. I'll
be damned if I'm going to start sliding the work around with a blade
spinning near my hand. I real life use, I bring the blade down to the line
and adjust as needed. Then I firmly hold the work with my left hand, well
away from the blade, then make the cut.

The DeWalt came with a pretty good blade. I had it re=sharpened by Ridge
Carbide Tool and it cambe back better that new.

Handle comfort is another factor. Many have gone to a horizontal D handle.
Easier to grip the the vertical handles, IMO.