Art Todesco

I'm not sure that I would use treated wood inside my house. They do put
a chemical to prevent rot, and as this chemical dries out, you are
breathing it in the air. Maybe I'm just paranoid. However, if you are
sensitive to these airborne thing (asthma or allergies) it could be a
problem.

Roger wrote:
I bought some pressure treated 2x4's to use as
furring strips. While screwing the 2x4's to the wall
with some Tapcon screws I noticed a considerable
amount of liquid being squeezed out of the wood
by the screw heads.

How long should I wait before I tack up a vapor
barrier and screw on the drywall???

I currently have an oscillating fan blowing on the
framed walls. (Its been 48 hours, wood still seem very damp).

The Tapcon screws worked wonderfully, but I'm
wondering how they will do when the wood starts
to dry....

Tapcon screws are available in stainless steel, and you may wish to consider
them if you are not already finished the job. The carbon steel ones can
corrode when in contact with copper based pt wood. The screw turns into a
sacrificial anode in the copper electrolyte solution, eating away at the
shaft of the screw. Try looking a collection of words in google like:
"pressure treated" + tapcon