IMM

"Mike" wrote in message

"Googolplex" wrote in message
Mike wrote:
"Ben Blaukopf" wrote in message

Lobster wrote:

I know Part P "comes into effect" on January 1 but can someone

clarify

what

this actually means... eg if I start rewiring a house before January

1

(ie

very shortly, which is my intention) and it's not going to be

complete

by

then, do I have to rush off to the council on 2 Jan and put in a

building

regs notice?

If not, how long I have I got to complete the project, and would I

need

some

form of proof (if so what?) as to when I started the work?

Well, quite. No one prior to Jan 1st will have proof of when they
started the work. So it seems to me that unless it can be shown that
the work was done after Jan 1st, then there's no problem.

This implies an awful lot of common sense on the part of the

authorities.
Best bet is to take a photo of the work started, then put it in an

envelope,
seal it such that one would have to rip it to open, then post either

yourself or your solicitor BUT don't open it when it arrives.

Or alternatively, post an empty unsealed envelope to yourself, then when
it arrives store it safely. Once you start your work next year, take a
photo and put it in the envelope and seal it.

Hmm yeah. Okay it has to go to your solicitor to be believed then.

Or buy old coloured cable right now.