Grunff

Default SDS drill with standard chuck

G&M wrote:

The chuck will last for exactly 3 holes, and the bit somewhat less.

Is that the voice of experience speaking ? :-)

The question here is am I brave enough to tell the truth...

My first SDS (a £35 NuTool, which lasted only a little longer than the
chuck) came with a free SDS chuck. Not thinking things through, I
proceeded to use it to drive a 7mm ordinary masonry bit through a stone
wall.

The drill bit very quickly gained the appearance of a sharpened pencil,
and the chuck was never the same again (I couldn't actually undo the
chuck!).

--
Grunff