BigWallop

"Capitol" wrote in message

I need a hefty vacuum cleaner to build a vac forming table.

Do you think that a vacuum cleaner will take the pressure low enough.
IME, vacuum formers tend to use vacuum pumps, and go down to a few cm of
pressure. How big a table do you want? How are you heating the plastic,
which types of plastic are you planning to use, etc?

Regards
Capitol

I'd have thought any vacuum would suck things to shape if the material was
soft enough and the end of the hose was properly sealed. But something like
these:

http://www.bocedwards.com/vacuum/dry..._overview.html

would do a great job of making anything pop into shape in the correct
former/mould.

---