Phil

Default Trick / Tip for Cutting Molding

I'm putting 1/4 round molding up (down?) in between my baseboard and floor, and I always
seem to wind up cutting the miters incorrectly the first time. In other words, if I'm
making a cut at the left hand end for an inside corner, I'll invariably wind up cutting it
the wrong way and have to redo it. Same thing for the other end of the piece, and same
thing for inside or outside corners.

Maybe I'm just thick-headed, but it seems there's got to be a trick / tip for remembering
whether the saw should be angled to the left or the right ... is there?

And I feel like I'm constantly shifting the saw from 45 degrees left to 45 degrees right.
Isn't there a method to let me keep it set one way or the other and just put the piece in
differently?

Thanks ... Phil