Phisherman

A laser is not at all important to me. I like my DeWalt's high back
fence and 12" blade. It's perfect for cutting crown moldings. I
would have eventually regretted a 10" miter. The sliding feature is
nice, but that model drives up the cost and I figure a sliding feature
is something else that may could get out of adjustment. I build my own
miter station around the DeWalt unit and the dust is directed to the
floor. Crown stops are nice, but I never bought these--the cost is
high and I can use shop-made stops fastened with clamps or carpet
tape.

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 12:55:31 -0700, John DeBoo
wrote:

What are the most important features for a miter saw? I'm not looking
for a flame war on one brand vs another but rather a few features that
are pretty much a 'must'. BTW, my use won't be professional or day in
and day out - lighter duty hobby type stuff, room trim, bookcases etc,
clean finish types of cuts mostly.

- So far an adjustable laser seems to be a concensus.
- 10" vs 12" is really a matter of do I have the money for the 12".

They all seem to have dust collection, motor brakes & 15amp motors.
Dual laser? Sliding unit? Fence extensions? Anything else?

Thanx,
Grandpa John