dave

John Rumm wrote in message ...
To run the waste through the studs, in my opinion is a bad idea.
Firstly 34mm out of a 75mm or even 100mm timber is a bit much. You
then have the pain of geting them in the correct line and angle of the
cut and how are you going to feed the pipe through if you use a hole
cutter and if you notching through a successive amount of studs
doesn't sound like a good idea. You would be better off going down to
the floor, through the sole plate of your stud partition and under the
floor.
A shower trap can be cleaned from above, but I have fitted a shower
tray on 4"x2" timbers givving me 4" of clearance to make accesibility
to the shower tray easier in the event of a bad blockage.( its also a
bit easier to work with when connecting ).