Harvey

"N Cook" wrote in message
Good news for VCR repairers ?

Dixons (major UK electricals retailer ) will be no longer stocking VCRs
from
6 months henceforeward. Other countries retailers doing the same ?
Have I missed something along the way and individual writable DVD discs
can
now be re-written to hundreds of times like VCR tapes ?

Dixon's are just in it for the money - there's next to no profit on VCR's -
and because they're cheap (and old technology) they can't push their
extended warrantee onto unsuspecting customers, so losing 99% of their
profit margin.

No other retailer has yet decided to stop selling VCR's - no doubt they will
in time, but until recordable DVD's have proven themselves to the general
public as being reliable and 'worth the money', and include DVB tuners so
they aren't obsolete in X years, I can't see any reason to recommend one
over a throw-away VCR.