IMM

Default Making a ruin into something habitable.

"Jim Ley" wrote in message
On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 20:16:07 +0100, Grunff wrote:

Peter Crosland wrote:

Well the rules have changed completely since then and in any case the

law in
England is quite different. Currently there really is no chance at all

in
the location the OP was enquiring about.

Why is that? Why is it that we have laws like that? Do the
majority of people really believe that this is the right way to
control what is built and where?

No I don't think many people think the UK's planning laws make much
sense, but I don't think the pro-reform is enough of an issue
considering the opposition to anything that makes it easier to build
new on greenfield sites from certain groups. So we're stuck with
nothing happening.

That's exactly what large landowners want. The status quo as they are doing
very nicely thank you.

---