Jim Yanik

"James Sweet" wrote in
newsZqpd.4149$6m2.1012@trnddc04:

"N Cook" wrote in message
Good news for VCR repairers ?

Dixons (major UK electricals retailer ) will be no longer stocking
VCRs

from
6 months henceforeward. Other countries retailers doing the same ?
Have I missed something along the way and individual writable DVD
discs

can
now be re-written to hundreds of times like VCR tapes ?

story

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...4/11/22/ndvd22.
xml&s
Sheet=/news/2004/11/22/ixnewstop.html

http://homepages.tcp.co.uk/~diverse

They're getting less and less common, but they're still available,
they're just even more cheaply made. I doubt it'll be the end of the
"buy a new one" thing, they're not selling them as much because people
aren't buying them because everyone's gone to the even more
disposeable DVD players.

Yes,but you then need a DVD recorder or DDR if you want to record something
off the air or cable.

How's the longevity of recorded DVD disks? I've heard that recorded CDs are
not lasting all that long.
(not that VHS was any great standard for longevity,either)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik-at-kua.net