Larry Jaques

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 14:45:37 +0000, Andy Dingley
calmly ranted:

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 06:27:10 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Nice work,

Thanks. Lousy photos though - must get a better camera

Most of the pics are fairly clear. It beats a lot of photo
work out there. My own photos would be better if I replaced
the damned cheaparse (electronic ballasted but tube-killing)
fluor lights I got a few years ago. I've already gone through
an entire 30-pc. box of tubes for four 2-tube fixtures.

BTW. I trust you planed off that chipout
on the tail vise (oops, "vice" Over There) end.

Which bit ?
If you mean the top left corner of this, then it's deliberate.
http://www.codesmiths.com/shed/works...e_dovetail.jpg

No, this one, where the middle/unfumed piece is chipped a bit:
http://www.codesmiths.com/shed/works...l_together.jpg
That was taken raw, before gluing and shaving.

I fumed all the front-to-back timbers ages ago, when I first made the
top. I then had to do some more cutting work on the tail vice parts.

The front apron rail is 4" deep x 2" front-to-back. The sliding vice
is wider than this - the back of it is open, where the vice screw
runs. There's a 1/2" thick cover plate over the top of both, and this
"chip" is the dovetail to hold down the end of the cover strip.

I'd feel comfortable doing larger dovies like that with this new
ryoba saw but not with the older French-made LVT dovie saw. Pullsaws
are MADE for dovies.

--
SAVE THE PARROTS! Eschew the use of poly!