CW

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. com...

"Silvan" wrote in message

I just don't think it's quite a fair comparison. How much do people

NEED
computer to do? My cheap computer does everything the dual 5 GHz 10
terabyte 4 gigabyte mega ultra hoo flutzy of my dreams could do, only
slower, and maybe a little less of it. It spends 90% of its time with a
CPU load average of near 0%.

Do the math and you can jusify the faster machine. Your computer may take
1.5 seconds to open a program. The new hot models can open that program

in
1.1 seconds, saving you 0.4 seconds every time. Three times a day you

save
1.2 seconds, times about 350 days in a typical years. For only a few
hundred dollars more, you can save an extra seven seconds a year. That is
time you can spend with your family instead of waiting for a computer. It

is
not about the money, we're talking major quality of life issues here.