On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 00:42:43 GMT, Joe_Stein
wrote:

You guys better not let your local vice squads hear you've got
vices...LOL...I think you mean vise.
Happy Holidays.
Joe

no, he means vice.

he's a brit. if he was you, he'd mean vise, or draw heat, but he's not
you, so he doesn't.

'aint engrish great?

Andy Dingley wrote:
On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 20:25 +0000 (GMT Standard Time),
(Malcolm Webb) wrote:

Question now is -- which vice do I use as the tail vice?

Big one on the front as the face vice.

I see no usefulness in tail vices. What's sometimes useful is a "notch
in the front edge" vice, which could be emulated by a small tail vice,
so long as the jaw edge is flush with the bench's long edge.

What I really find most useful on my bench (a Tage Frid) isn't the
vices, but the ability to clamp between a fixed and moving dog. My
next bench will have two rows of dog holes.