Dave Mundt

Greetings and Salutations...

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 10:06:51 -0500, "George" george@least wrote:

http://www.packardwoodworks.com/Merc...g-adiscs-higre

I'm sure someone else sells the stuff, or will soon, but right now I'd have
to say if you follow my advice you're following a fool.

Went downstairs while Susan was starting the pies and chucked up a piece I
had dried in the microwave. I had dried it to the point of smoke, which I
quickly extinguished. Sure enough, in the thickest portion - near the
bottom, I discovered brown charring as I was hollowing the interior. Down
and down I went, finally seeing light at the end of the char - just prior to
cutting through the base. Before the tenon folks jump in, yes, I held it
with a recess, but a tenon would have just resulted in a surprise a bit
farther down.

Curly hard maple funnel, anyone?

Haw! Been there, Done That. Fixed the problem the
classical way - I rounded out the hole a bit more, glued in a nice
plug of a contrasting wood and turned (yes...I know...) it into
a design decision!
Regards
Dave Mundt