Roger

I have Mold on my roof and It looks like it is spreading. The front of the
house is were it is moldy, This side faces north I dont get any sun in
this area. I haven't had any mold on the back of the house. It almost
looks like the mold or fungus that grows on trees, Can this be part of the
problem? I was thinking of spraying clorox on it to kill it. Any other

You can either spray with bleach, as you suggest, and as an alternative moss
killer is available at Home Depot. It is mostly metallic zinc in a
liquid suspension, is fairly expensive, and is sprayed on with a pump
sprayer, I believe. You first might check with your shingle manufacturer to
see if either of these chemicals is harmful to them.
I used a different approach: once I knocked most of the moss/mold on my
shaded roof with a
broom, I put a 6 inch wide strip of heavy guage pure sheet zinc near the
roof peak the full length of the ridge, tucked under the ridge shingles.
Two years have gone by, so I dont
have a definitive answer yet, but there is no new moss there so far.
I know zinc works. Just look at where pipe vents penetrate nearby roofs in
your neighborhood. Both lead (especially toxic) and zinc plated plumbing
vent
gaskets/shields leave a mossless streak downstream from that point.