mac davis

On 25 Nov 2004 13:31:38 GMT, (ToolMiser) wrote:

There is a reason for so many bad tools. Supply and demand. People want to
pay a very low price, so the supplier meets that price by cutting quality.
There are still a lot of good quality tools around, but I don't think the
demand is there as much. Also we are a throw away society, so people would
rather buy something cheep, use it up then buy another. We used to buy good
quality, and "if" it broke, we would repair it.

I think you've pin pointed it...
Also, put that together with the "Instant Gratification" generation,
and you have the demand for inexpensive and cheap tools. (I do think
there is a difference)