res055a5

you are lucky to have acquired some myrtle wood burl...it grows
in oregon and is very pretty. with burl, i wouldn't think it would
matter which way you cut it because the direction changes so often?
rich

"Eddie Munster" wrote in message
I gots me this burl thingy I wanner cut up into pen blanks.
My question is, which way?

One way, looks neat, the general grain will be going accross the width
of the pen, rather that the traditional way being sort of up and down
the lenghth.

It is a Myrtle burl, whatever that is. Doesn't feel too hard really.

If I cut it up the more traditional looking way, I don't thing there
will be so much figure showing. But If I cut it up the other way, will
it turn okay?

Any thoughts??

John