jim rozen

In article , Don Foreman says...

...1-watt Luxeons have come down in price to the
point where 4 of those with Fraen 30-degree beamwidth collimators are
under $50. I ordered parts today. Diversity of 10 is better than
diversity of 4, but I think 4 will be enough diversity to avoid bad
shadows and specular reflections, and I expect that the illumination
level will be much brighter with four 1-watt Luxeons than with 10
"regular" white LED's. That expectation is based on a couple of
experiments with Luxeons I have at hand to play with.

Even the fiberoptic ring lights will give specular reflections
now and again. Get it just right (wrong) and it's really
pretty painful when looking at things like a large polished
wafer. You've got me thinking - I wonder if I could fit (and
heatsink) ten of them in a ring, about 2.5 inch dia?

Thanks for the ideas - Jim

please reply to: