mwlogs

I wouldn't think you should get that much ice in only a few days without a
water leak somewhere. I assume this has an ice maker and perhaps a water
dispenser? Check that it hasn't sprung a leak. If this is in the door,
look for a leak in the tubing that probably runs thru the hinge. A small
amount of ice may form in a frost-free due to the normal defrost cycle, but
a large amount is not normal. Even if it made its way to the drain, it
sounds like you'd have more water than would normally evaporate from the
catch pan under the frig.

Gotta be a leak somewhere. Look it over closely.

"Mike Dodd" wrote in message
om...
Our Kenmore side-by-side refrigerator is forming ice in the bottom of
the freezer compartment. Once the ice builds up high enough, water
leaks out the freezer door onto the floor. After I chip out the ice
with a plastic-handle utensil, usually it's ice-free for several days,
but one day there's a solid sheet.

In the bottom-rear of the freezer compartment is a raised area with a
drain hole. When the ice forms, the drain area has no ice, but ice is
present on the two ends away from the hole. To me, that indicates the
drain is open and draining. I pushed a wire down the tube and can't
feel any obvious blockage.

I turned off the ice maker, thinking its level sensor might allow
overflow during the fill cycle, but that made no difference.

I replaced the ice dispenser flapper cover because the rubber was
warped and didn't seal well, allowing a large amount of frost to form.
Once replaced, the frost stopped forming, but the ice still appears.

Can anyone suggest something else to check? Thanks in advance for any
help.

Mike Dodd