Rick Brandt

"ck" wrote in message

"Fleemo" wrote in message
m...
Thanks everybody for the input. Let me expand the topic just a tad.
I see several manufacturers offer kits with a circular saw, power
drill, and a reciprocating saw for a good price. What can a
reciprocating saw do that a circular saw can't?

A reciprocating saw is probably used more for demolition, though its not
limited to that purpose.

Ah, my favorite. While I agree with the demolition statement, I think that the
reciprocating saw (above all the others mentioned) does more things that simply
could NOT be done with any other tool.

I once had to enlarge a closet opening and needed to rip the length of an
installed 2 by 4 in the opening (cutting through the "4" dimension). My
Milwaukee made short work of it and after I was finished I noticed that on the
way down I had cut *lengthwise* through two framing nails (never even felt
them).

To add another comment though... There's a reason Norm (genuflecting) has ALL of
these saws in his workshop and that is for a particular task there is always one
particular configuration that is the way to do it properly, from both a quality
of result and safety perspective. As much as one would like there to be a tool
that can do it all, it just doesn't work out that way.