Phillep

"Gunner" wrote

If it had a 20 round detachable Magazine, it wasnt an SKS.

Not so. There was also a modified SKS availible back around 1990 that would
take standard AK mags. I wish I'd gotten one back then.

Also, there's a type of magazine I think of as a "duckbill", it looks sort
of like a normal magazine with a "beak" stuck out the front. The mouth of
the beak fits on the catch pin in front and the latch holds it in place in
back. They were made in 5, 10, and 20 cartridge models. Easily removed, but
I don't think it's counted as a "removable" because you have to hold the
bolt back. (I haven't messed with an SKS for a while, so don't really
remember.) The SKS is not modified. These magazines were availible in both
metal and Zytel. The plastic ones sucked (I got one.)

Google rec.guns, SKS +"AK magazine" 27 hits.