On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 14:41:49 GMT, "Ol' Texan"
wrote:

About a year and a half ago, I gave them a try. First they told me it
wasn't available in my area; and my incoming wires were no good. Well, my
apartment is in a building 1 FOOT from the verizon building, and the wires
are the old heavy copper ones.....they said I was too far away.
Well, when I convinced them 1 FOOT wasn't too far, they hooked it up, but
could never get it to work. However they did manage to continue to bill me
for it for over a year, and after a lot of screaming they finally credited
10 months back to me.

Gee, maybe they are better now??

However, at my other place, I have Comcast cable and can't say enough good
things about them. Once my modem died, and they had a new one to me in 1
1/2 hours. Can't beat that.

"Brandystew" wrote in message
Anyone have experience with Verizon DSL in their home?

Thanks

(To send e-mail, remove NOSPAM from address)

The critical distance with DSL isn't the distance to the Verizon
office, it's the distance to the local phone company's switch. And it
_is_ critical. So is the quality of the lines. The fact that they're
old is not a point in their favor.

Short form: I'm not sure they were giving you the runaround and anyone
considering DSL needs to check those two factors.

I got Earthlink and I had about a three-week fight before we got the
connection working reliably.

Not that I'd reccomend Earthlink. They outsourced their customer
support to India a couple of years ago and service has gone absolutely
to hell.

--RC

Sleep? Isn't that a totally inadequate substitute for caffine?