~~ VerilogMan ~~

"Nico Coesel" wrote in message
"~~ VerilogMan ~~" wrote:

Hello,
I am thinking of buiying this graphic display.
http://www.crystalfontz.com/products...X12864CP1WGHTS
It has a 4 analog I/O for the touch screen, and 18 I/O (the specidications
are on the link "Data Sheet")
I have a VERY hard time trying to figure the best microcontroller to
interface it with a desktop computer on the serial port.
If you could take a look at http://dkc1.digikey.com/CA/PDF/C043/P4.html
(Microcontrollers section) and tell me wich one is the easiest / most
efficient, i would appreciate big time !
Thanks guys!

If you want to program it in C, be sure to pick one with 8, 16 or 32
bit registers and a single adress space (like the Hitachi H8 or the
Texas instruments MSP430 series) otherwise you will find yourself
writing all kinds of (non portable) functions which are already in the
standard C library.

--
Reply to nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)

Hey,
What about the ATMega128 ?
Can I use the existing librairies ? I want to write the less code possible.
The problem is that I instead of doing a project proposed by the school...
wanted to do something of my own ... but I think I aimed a bit too high !!
I thought it would have been easier to hook a graphic display to a
computer !
So I want the easiest way possible !