Bill B

....you mean besides the glass of bourbon and can of snuff???

"Malcolm Webb" wrote in message
o.uk...
Thanks for all the help and information regarding workbench tops. Now
that the project is well underway and the frame is complete I went to
purchase 2 vices today. I had decided on a pair of 9" Record vices, plain
screw with dogs, for both the main and the tail vice.

Both places I tried didn't have the 9" in stock. The second place had a
7" and a 10 1/2" but the bigger one had a damaged handle -- slightly bent.
I couldn't see that was any detriment. I finally persuaded the guy to
let me have the bigger one at the same price as the 7" one.

Question now is -- which vice do I use as the tail vice?

I am minded to use the bigger one as the tail vice as it has a wider jaw
opening and it is the heavier of the two.

Any views from the team?

Many thanks.

Malcolm Webb