Tony Hwang

Walter R. wrote:
May furnace is over 20 years old and I would like to replace it. It is
located in the attic of my single story house. Because the old furnace sits
on the floor joists, a lot of noise and vibration penetrates into the living
areas below.

I keep the fan lubricated and have put rubber-matting underneath the
furnace, but it is still noisy.

Is it approved practice to suspend the furnace from the rafters rather than
having it sit on the joists?
This would probably avoid most noise and vibration.

Thanks for any input

Hi,
Furnace at my cabin is suspended from floor joist in the crawl space.
Only thing I feel is warm air when it's on.
Tony