Joe McElvenney

Default Dead AOC 7Vlr 17" monitor

Hi,

As I don't have the schematic for the subject monitor, would
anyone familiar with this type of beast be kind enough to point
me in the right direction as this is not my territory.

The fault is that the power-on LED doesn't light and the
monitor will not switch on. My brother, whose monitor this is,
tells me that it died quietly - no theatrics or funny smells.
There is around 300V DC (this is a 240V AC country) on the main
electrolytic in front of the switching converter which appears to
be single ended, showing that the power cord and input fuse are
OK. From the symptoms however, I would guess that there is a low
voltage supply missing.

I expect that the circuit topology is fairly standard but as I
said in the first paragraph, I'm not familiar with them. So if
anybody could roughly map out the likely circuit arrangement for
me and mention any controller chips that are likely to be used, I
would be most grateful.

Cheers - Joe