John Del

Subject: Mitsubishi WS55859 HDTV
From: Rick Jones
Date: 11/24/04 9:56 AM Eastern Standard Time

I've placed a photo of the screen showing the dots at:
http://www.geocities.com/seventysixi.../PB230070a.JPG
Ignore the orange spot in the upper left corner, it's just a
reflection from the overhead light. I do not see how the technician
could call this burnin.

I don't know of any pattern you could have been watching that would cause a
burn pattern like this.

Did the technicial look directly into the tubes when turned off? Shining a
bright light (sharply focused LED lights are great for this) directly into the
lens assy of each tube would quickly confirm any burns on the faceplate of the
CRTs. If he didn't, he didn't do his job.

Besides, just because a tube is burned (and I don't believe yours are), doesn't
place the blame on the consumer necessarily. Burns also happen when there are
failures of the chassis (or an individual tube). Such burns are still covered
by warranty. Of course, pattern burns from games, test patterns, station
logos, phone numbers, stock tickers, etc. are not warranty compensable.

Get a hold of Mitsu and scream until something gets done. Even if you need to
pay a non-authorized independant tech to disassemble and confirm the tube
conditions, it would be well worth it.

John