The Natural Philosopher

Default Footings crossing boundary

Zymurgy wrote:

"Christian McArdle" wrote

The neighbour pointed out the pitched roof and gutter of the extension
would be over his garden.
So the plans and footings had to altered and there was significant extra
expense incurred.

Yes, it is prudent to ascertain that you own the land before you design and
build!

Or air in this case.

Is it a daft question to ask that the boundary extends 'virtually'
upwards from the property line. How far ?

Can I charge BAA for entering the airspace I own above my house ;-)

P.

No. The bounday extyends upwards essentially to aircraft level, because
you are allowed to shoot birds that fall intio your land. You are not
allowed to shot aircraft that fly over. IIRC there is a 250ft minimum
altidude on aircaft as well, so that is esentially where 'your property'
stops and 'free airspace' begins, for practical puroses.

It does NO exend downwards: Mineral extraction rights are NOT
automatically granted.

In the sense of overlooking, it doesn't even extend up to the boundary.