Matt

If that's your worry, then go down to your local computer junk store and
pickup a power filter... at least here we have a local prison that has
the inmates work on old DOJ stuff that is offloaded.. great stuff.. huge
UPS systems for like $50... power filtration boxes (little things that
you can lug around).. good enough to put in line with a generator and
run a computer off of even.

If the furnance was THAT suseptable to power flux, then I petter put a
surge protector on it anyway!!!

John Harlow wrote:
Art Todesco wrote:

That's exactly what I was thinking. However, some newer furnaces,
like my 10 year old unit, have electronics. BTW, I have run my
furnace on my cheap 4KW Coleman genset with no problems.

Electronics would be the least of my worries; anything worth a crap would
have varistor protection and decent brownout and overvoltage protection.
Harmonics would be most injurious to motors, and it'd have to be pretty
severe - motors can run fine on MSW inverters which have gobs of harmonics.