Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Bert Coules wrote:
I was thrown because I tend always to think in terms of this sequence:
drill the hole, insert the plug, tap home. Thread the screw through
whatever it is you're securing, offer up the whatever-it-is and the
screw together, insert screw in plug, tighten.

So you see it hadn't occurred to me that it could be done in the way
that you described - but now that it *has* occurred to me, I'll
certainly try it. So thanks for the tip.

Door etc frame fixings work in this way - you drill through the frame and
then the wall at the same time, and hammer a special fixing through them
both. It give a more accurate location than doing it separately.

--

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.