BigWallop

"W" wrote in message
Hi,

We would like to put down some laminate flooring in a room which is
part suspended flooring and part concrete (due to extension). Is this
possible and, if so, are there any 'catches'?

TIA, W

It's best to cover the whole floor with a layer of 6mm plywood to give you
an all over level surface to work on. I've also had the same situation at
an in-laws house, and this was the best solution for it. We made sure that
the plywood covered the joint between the timber floor and the concrete to
take up any height difference. The 6mm plywood was cheap and it didn't
really need to be fixed too securely to the floor. On the timber parts we
used screws counter sunk to the level of the ply surface, and on the
concrete we used PVA glue to hold it in place. Three years down the line
and it still hasn't moved out of place, so I think we got it right on that
job.

hope this gives a few pointers.