D R Matsen

Default Question about Karastan rug teawash look

Hi All,
I recently purchased a Karastan Samovar carpet. For this line they use a
teawash process which adds an antiquing patina over the colors. My wife and
I love that look. However, on closer inspection I'm now noticing blotchy
dark patches in spots. The shades of colors are inconsistent throughout the
carpet. Does anyone else have one of these processed carpets? Is the color
variation normal? I don't know if this supposed to look this way to give it
more of an antique look or a manufacturing defect.

Thanks for any help,
Dave