Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
Tony Bryer writes:

It is nonsensical that the gas installation in a rented property has
to be professionally checked every year whilst in the private sector
their may have been no test since the conversion to natural gas.

It came about because gas installations in rented properties
were killing far more people than those in owner-occupier
properties.

And what makes you think anyone tested anything when the
conversions to natural gas were done? I remember them giving up
trying to convert my father's Ideal Standard boiler, and they
just left it in bits on the kitchen floor. My father did the
conversion when he got home in the evening, but we never saw or
heard from the the gas board contractors again, so as far as
they know, it's still in bits on the kitchen floor.

I wonder how long before we convert back to town gas?

--
Andrew Gabriel