Tweetldee

"Hannahblot" wrote in message
On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 20:35:03 GMT, "James Sweet"
wrote:

"Hannahblot" wrote in message
. ..
Hi, I wonder if anyone might be able to help me figure out the most
likely reason an old 1960's battery clock has stopped working.

The clock has an unusual battery powered movement so i can't just swap
it out for a more modern one. It's such a nice old retro design I
don't want to bin it either.

I have a link to a .jpg of the clock's circuit board below.

My first guess is that it is the capacitor but I am unsure how I would
go about testing this (I have a multimeter) or any of the other
components.

Runs off a single D cell battery, battery and contacts are fine.

http://home.btconnect.com/metaluna/clock/clockcirc.jpg

Thanks

Hannahblot

Just replace the blue electrolytic capacitor, they're cheap and they dry
out
over time, if it still doesn't work go from there.

Do the specification numbers of the capacitor (as in photo) have a
modern part number or equivelant - ie. I don't want to start looking
for something that is no longer made if you know what I mean.

Thanks

Hannahblot

Yupp!!! Those markings are all you need to find a replacement. It's a
33uF, 6.3Volt electrolytic capacitor. You can buy one from Mouser.com.
http://www.mouser.com/index.cfm?hand..._pcodeid=64701

Cheers!!!

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just subsitute the appropriate characters in