Mike

OSPAM (Brandystew) wrote in
:

Anyone have experience with Verizon DSL in their home?

Thanks

(To send e-mail, remove NOSPAM from address)

Yes, what do you want to know?

I've had a 1.5mbs/384kbs for two years to our house in FL, business
service with a static IP and my own email server. In that time we've had
four outages, one due to a config change on IP ranges without
notification, two due to gateway issues resolved after calls to tech
support. One due to a powersupply fault on the router.modem at our end,
which the came out and fixed withing four hours of the call. Other than
those problems its worked fine and has always maintained bandwidth as far
as we can measure. It's usefull getting all our telephone and internet
charges on on bill.

Sales group and pricing are usually pretty good. Getting anything
implemented other than a service defined in the sales brochure is a
lottery as to whether they can put it in correctly.

If you have a support problem then expect a long time on the phone. The
call queues are usually long. The implementation and support groups are
split by function and geography and they don't talk to each other. For
example the DNS group are all but useless, the people looking after the
verizon gateways are very good. Anything to do with hosting or backbone
issues are another company entirely.

hth