indago

041124 0315 - Fleemo posted:

How about starting with your furnace model?

It's an old Payne, model #518A036CC.

Not enough info to even begin to tell you where to look, but as

others have
suggested, if you are not familiar with the operation and sequence of
proper
events, call a company, and make sure they are licenced and insured.

Called several over the past few days. Most have not even bothered to
return the phone call, while the others say it'll be the end of next
week before they can make a service call.

Find the fan limit and set it lower, maybe around 140 degrees and see

if that will make a difference.

Anywhere online where I might see a photo or diagram of what the fan
limit looks like? I'd rather attempt a simple fix first, and if that
doesn't work, wait ten days for a pro.

From your description, it is obviously not the room thermostat.

Yeah, I don't think it's the thermostat, otherwise wouldn't the blower
be kicking on and off too? I noticed today that when I turned the
thermostat down (from 72 to 68) the cycling stopped. But as soon as I
set it back to 72, it started continuously cycling again.

-F

Check this out for starters...

http://toad.net/~jsmeenen/blower.html