IMM

"Tony Bryer" wrote in message
In article , Capitol wrote:
Luckily, he has a BG service contract otherwise those savings
would have been more than lost in repairs.

Isn't the cost of the service contract greater than the savings?

"I had a Potterton Envoy that was installed by the builder when the
house was new 6 years ago. Problems began six months down the line
and after the warranty ran out, I tried to get a BG service contract
(yes I know!), but BG condemned the boiler and confirmed in writing
that they would not take on a contract."

"condemned"? Under what grounds? You can only condemn on safety grounds,
not because the boiler is potentially uneconomical for their service
contracts.

From a post by one ColinM here 2003-11-24 located through Google
groups. When BG can't make money from a service contract you know
that a boiler is bad news!