tony sayer

Default Wiring a hob and separate single oven..

We've got a caper on the go where we've got the above with a single
switched 45 amp cooker outlet.

Now I've been told that "as you can't get two bits of "cooker cable"
into the outlet plate, the only way to do it is to run the oven off a 13
amp socket on the ring main, and wire the cooker onto the "cooker
outlet" in "cooker cable", presumably the 6 mm stuff.

What's wrong with running two lumps of 2.5 twin and earth, as the cooker
hob is rated at 5.5 kW which is 23 amps and within the ratings of 2.5
cable in free space, the oven no more than around 3Kw IIRC. Two lumps of
2.5 will go into the cooker outlet, but it seems wrong.

Comments anyone?.....
--
Tony Sayer