On 23 Nov 2004 10:06:05 GMT,
wrote:

If 80% of our energy is used by industry then that is where most
efforts should be applied, or maybe it's transport.

I think it depends on what you mean by "energy".

That which consumes resources, maybe you can argue that nuclear power
and other non-hydrocarbon sources don't consume resources but you know
what I mean.

If the 20%/80% split is right then I assume it means that 80% of our
consumption of gas/oil/electricity is industrial. There's a bit of a
'grey area' in that a lot of our electricity is generated using gas
and oil so whether that is industrial or domestic use is open to
debate.

If you look at electricity, it is estimated that a power cut is most
likely of a winter week day evening during the tail end of the rush
hour.

So how does this bear on the question?

--
Chris Green